In our previous post, we focused on fun activities that would be enjoyable for the whole family, as well as outdoor activities. Today, we will look at some of the other unique experiences that you can enjoy during your visit to High Point. Shop High Point wants to make your trip to the Furniture Capital of the World successful and enjoyable. Be sure to let us know how we can help you plan your trip!
Whether you enjoy live entertainment, or experiencing fine art, you will be excited to visit some of these local venues. Be sure to check their websites for upcoming exhibitions and special events.
- Theatre Art Galleries, also known as TAG, has been a primary provider of the visual arts for the High Point community since 1975. Currently the galleries display approximately 16 different exhibits and are housed in the High Point Theatre.
- High Point Area Arts Council is a united arts council with five affiliated organizations under its umbrella. They provide free summer outdoor concerts held in both parks and amphitheatres, as well as indoor performances.
- Sechrest Gallery is located on the campus of High Point University. It is primarily an educational gallery which hosts rotating exhibits as part of its mission to be an educational gallery. Don’t miss the opportunity to speak with exhibiting artists and learn about their work!
- 512 Collective is High Point’s spot for unique art. If you are interested in attending festivals, progressive dinner parties, mural projects, and more, then you need to be sure to visit them and experience all of the artistic talent represented!
There is always so much to learn and enjoy during a trip to a history museum or historical marker. We have provided a sampling of some of the historical opportunities for you to experience during your visit in High Point.
- High Point Museum is a great place to learning about the history of High Point. The permanent exhibits each offer insight into some of the events and people who shaped High Point into the town that it is today.
- Bernice Bienenstock Furniture Library provides an amazing opportunity for tourists, students, and professionals alike to examine original works of some of the pioneer designers in the furniture industry. With more than 5,000 books on furniture and design, it is the largest furniture library in the world. Be sure to look at their rare books collection.
- Museum of Old Domestic Life provides the chance to see what life was like in the 19th century. Set in a historic Quaker meeting house, the museum is filled with items that were necessary for everyday life in a Quaker community. Explore cloth making, shoe cobbling, and cooking.
Shop High Point knows that when you visit, you are looking for new furniture pieces to place in your home. While we are here to help you plan all of those aspects of your trip, we also hope to provide you with ample suggestions of fun activities when you are not working with your designers or shopping. Contact us today and let us know how we can help.